We are excited to announce the release of Granola v3.3 and the new Granola Dash as part of our Earth Day 2011 celebration! The new version offers several new features. Most significantly, version 3.3 communicates with the brand new Granola Dash, the interactive portal for your Granola savings information. Here is a quick walkthrough of some of the features of the new dash:
The new version of Granola also offers several other features, including persistent savings for users with accounts, support for the Euro currency, and improved XP application performance in some environments. Please see the changelog at the end of this post for a full list of features.
Please note that if you are running an old version of Granola and you are using your account to track your savings, you will need to upgrade to the newest version to have your savings upload to the new dash. Please upgrade as soon as possible! Of course, if you’re not already tracking your savings online, sign up for an account now to receive 5 free licenses of Granola Enterprise.
We’ve also revamped the website, adding a lot of new content and the new community page. Let us know what you think in the comments!
- New Granola Dash for tracking savings, organizing machines into groups, and more.
- Application support for the new Granola Dash REST API in both Linux and Windows.
- Persistent savings that will update the local savings from the website values and visa versa.
- Added support for Ubuntu 11.04, Fedora 13 and 14, Debian 6.
- New UUID style that precludes migration in new installs of v3.3 and above.
- Support for the Euro currency in the Windows application.
- New Granola website design and content.
- New community content page.
- Fixed a bug that was failing trying to register session notifications before the Terminal Services service was started.
- Fixed a bug that could cause failure to restart on reboot in Windows XP.